I am so pleased with this project I can hardly believe it!My BSF Debra and I got together to refashion some men’s shirts. She is going on some warm vacations so needs some new spring clothes now while it is still cold. After looking through our stash of used men’s shirts, I chose a linen shirt. In addition I added a frayed pair of black linen pants and a pair of linen overalls that had never worked for me. While not an absolute necessity, both Debra and I like to include a touch of black in our projects whenever possible to go with our favorite black jeans or leggings. Including your favorite neutral makes wardrobe management so much easier.
I owned a white shirt that had a square poncho shape instead of sleeves. We both used it to get our basic idea for the refashion. I promise Debra is going to get me pictures of her projects soon. No one will believe how different our two projects ended up this day!
The men’s shirt is in the center with trim from my black pants and sleeve panels made from the legs of the overalls. The bias tape decoration is made from the overall straps that I just left hanging instead of cutting. Still not done, I added some Diane Ericson stencils to one sleeve for balance.
While it ended up dressier than I had ever imagined, I am very happy with the end result. So much so that I have already made a second version that is not photographed yet. I usually hate summer clothes, but have high expectations for my warm weather wardrobe.